Thursday, July 21, 2005

Our Last Day in San Diego

Sunday: July 17, 05

Last night, JJ and I agreed to wake up early morning today so we can enjoy the pool and the jacuzzi. Unfortunately, jacuzzi was closed for water treatment. Dun na lang kami sa pool. JJ kept whining that the water and the wind makes him cold. So I just enjoy myself swimming while he was busy taking pictures. Then we packed our stuff and had an express checked out. Went to the National City for a breakfast at IHOP. He also went to Gamestop nearby while I checked out Seafood City Supermaket. Oh, did I mention that there was a Filipina working at the Giftshop of Marriott? She told me to check out Seafood City. They have goldilocks products and Red Ribbon, kuno!

We'll she's right. Meron nga sila, I was getting crazy looking at Pinoy groceries. Andun na yata lahat. Eto naman si Kano, sunod ng sunod sa akin. I told him to go away and just wait for me when I am done. Sabe ba naman, naw...i have to follow you so u will remember that our luggages are full and that you can't do grocery shopping here. There is no place to put that stuff. As I kept picking up stuff I can see him looking at me at akoy pinagdidilatan. Nevertheless, cge pa rin ako ng sige...wla yata eto sa Ohio. Hihihi! JJ was still d bes kasi in the end he offered to pay for my stuff. Then he drove me to Tatak Pilipino. This time, he stayed at the vehicle. I bought some DVD, Magazines and other stuff.

We moved on to visit USS Midway at the Navy Pier. It is an Aircraft Carrier, 47 yrs. began in 1945 and ended 1992 and became a Naval Museum. The first time I saw this was at the History Channel. I didn't expect I could see this in person. We had a complete self-guided audio tour that lasted for more or less than 2.5 hours. JJ was very happy and thanked me for my patience in going with him. He loves airplanes and shuttles and hoped to pilot one or two airplanes before he is over. Our last visit to the USS Midway was at the Flight Deck. It was amazing how it can carry those combat aircrafts. The deck was very huge covering several acres.

Working with an airplane was his first love. But then, that time when he was about to decide which carrier to take, the navy was on the down side. And so he decided that It might not be a good risk. Plus his vision was worst. Only now that he was freed from Contact lenses. He took the risks of having a Laser Surgery.

No comments: