Sunday, July 31, 2005

Unloading Some Heavy Loads

Ugh! I just woke up! its sunday 12:48noon. I can't remember the last time I have slept this good. You see, I am a morning person. Actually not! Heheh pano ba! The usual time I woke up is between 7-9AM. I said I am a morning person because hubby is the late to wake up....between 11AM-1PM?

On weekdays wherein we need to go to work for the usual 9-5PM schedule, we would wake up at 8am. On weekends, JJ has to sleep in and his wake up time is 11AM to 1PM. Duh! But I had to work on saturdays and the schedules were wacky. Its either 7AM, 7:30AM, 8AM, or 9AM.

Sunday's were supposed to be my "lazy day". If I had a choice I would want to wake up just like today...very late! But my body clock would wake me up at 9-10AM. And no matter how I would try to close my eyes, hoping to get more sleep, my mind was already wandering. So I end up getting up and spend my time infront of my "square headed boyfriend" while waiting for JJ to wake up.

Oftentimes, I get bored so I do unusuall stuff's like standing up in bed and danced around or do something frecky and funny just to wake him up. Sometimes it works but oftentimes he ended up yelling at me and would only make him frustrated. Ako naman nakunsensya!

I did something stupid in my other job. You remember when we went to San Diego? That saturday, I asked them not to put me in the schedule since I will be out of town. After we got back, I checked for the next saturday's schedule but my name wasn't on it. I was frustrated but at the same time happy that I can stay home. I am no longer happy working in this other job since I sent them a resignation letter back in March and they didn't let me go. Actually the 2 Associate Manager doesn't care, but the General Manager who also hired me asked me to stay and promised to give me the hours that I wanted. Being a nice guy as he is, I couldn't say no. So I stayed.

Lately, this other job pisses me off. Pano, the usuall 8 hrs. a day became 7hrs. Minus a 30 minutes break. And I've been called twice, 15 mins. before I had to be at work to come an hour later for reasons that they are not that busy and there were already too many people working.

After that saturday that they did not put me in the schedule I decided I would do NO CALL plus NO SHOW = NO WORK. In other words, I am provoking them to fire me. So early this week I did not check on my schedule. I also did not ask some of my Pinay friends if they saw my name in the schedule. On the other hand, I was asked by somebody to cover a shiff in my regular job. Its a 9-5 schedule which is perfect. I accepted it.

It was 7:40, the home phone rang. Hmm...I am guessing that they scheduled my in my other job and they were calling to see if I forgot or I was just late. Laking tawa ko. Buti nga! I am not showing up anymore, I better go to my regular job. Man, it was my other job nga, the General Manager left me a message but I am no longer interested to hear it. I've had enough of them.

Then I went to cover a shift of 9-5PM. Isip ko talaga na I would hide at the back kasi baka i-che-check ako ng General Manager. He usually get his groceries here and if he would come, he can always look for me. I knew he would be off by work sometime between 1-3PM.

Shoot! Tama nga ako! Huling-huli! Wahhh!!!! The next time I looked sa harapan, I saw his face, smiling! Kung pwd lang mag disappear sana ginawa ko na. So I went and talked to him. He asked, what happened this morning? Dammit! I was toungue tied. I knew this would happen but I did not prepare myself what to say. Nasabi ko na lang, Sorry...i went to check my sched. last week but my name wasn't there anymore.

He answered, but you were on the schedule today. Then I answered, sorry, I had to cover a shift for somebody here. I know its my fault. I am supposed to call you. Then he said, So are you still with me? I already talked to the other Associate Manager to give you the hours that you wanted. I looked down and told him NO. (Isip ko - Pangako, pangako, lagi naman napapako!) I've had enough. I told him right on his face. I am not happy anymore. I am not getting the hours that I've been wanting. The 8 hrs. became 7 hrs. minus 30 minutes break. Then you'd call me to come an hour later, and then when its slow, you'd send me home after 4 hrs. He back off. He said OK. Don't worry about it. I said sorry again. And that was it, he left.

I was so ashamed, para akong nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig. I went to the back at na hampas2x ko ang kasama ko sa work. Shocked sya sabe, hey calm down. What's going on with you.
I called Lynn and she told me that the General Manager kept asking her about me. I have no problem him, he is super nice thats why I stayed when he asked me to stay before.

Michelle, called me when I got home around 6PM. She told me that 3 people did not show up today. Kasama na ako dun! One was Lolita also a Filipina and one american woman. Plus 2 people quit just this week. Meaning hindi lang ako ang may problema. Laking tawa ko. Behhh buti nga!

Last night, we watched Casino dito lang sa bahay. I've been wanting to watch this long time ago. I saw some parts of this on tv and it looks like a good story starring Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci and Sharon Stone. JJ bought it in Meijer the other night. It was a drama story set in Las Vegas between 1970 to 1980. A story about Ace Rothstein, a genius at gambling. He run the Casino, Tangiers in which the mid-west crime bosses set him up. The problem started when his best-friend since childhood Nicky Santoro was sent in Vegas. He is a mob guard who has a habit of using more brawn than brains to solve a problem. The story end up on killings because of envious and greedy people. A good story about greed of money, drugs, and power and how it changes peoples lives. Sharon Stone played Ginger, Ace's fucked-up wife who is also inloved with a pimp. Actually, she wasn't inlove with Ace's whe he asked her to marry him but he promised to give her everything, money and LOTS of jewelries.

Real good story! I slept passed 2AM while JJ was at the computer room. I woke up feeling great today...ahhh! No more hassles of working in that fucked up place. That mean's more time to spend with my "square headed boyfriend", tv, household chores, my Crosstitching career and to JJ of course!

No comments: