The UIC Staff had to do Annual Retreat every summer. It is a way to step aside from everyday concerns - work and toxins we encountered for the whole year, a total relaxation for ourselves and soul. Spiritual upleftment was too good to pass especially the chance to be on a place we've never been before. Its like a retreat and vacation combo.
Each and every retreat we had was memorable, it is a chance to mingle with other non-teaching personnel, discover ourselves by reflecting, and most of all the meals are nourishing. Parang manok na isasabong for the next year kumbaga. At the end of the retreat we get to wander and discover the place.
The first year I was with UIC, we went to Bitannia Retreat House in Lahug, Cebu. We had a blast on that one. There was over 100 NTP personnel and most of us boarded PAL, it was a lot of fun sa airplane pa lang. Although we had a good retreat, the most exciting part was discovering Cebu City.
We went to Forth San Pedro, Magellan Shrine, Basilica Minore del Santo Niño, Osmeña Park and wandered around Colon and Magallanes and went to Mactan Island. One time we went to Cebu Plaza which is just a walk distance from the Retreat House and the Waterfront Hotel. Then we shopped at SM Cebu and Ayala Center.
The second year I went with the AB-LA Teachers to Camiguin. We stayed in a resort this time. Jenny and I , did not hesitate to joined the LA teachers. Not because we like them, but because we wanted to discover Camiguin. That place was awesome! As usual the most exciting part was discovering the place.
(Thanks for the website where I got the pics)
The 3rd year we went to Retreat house very close to Ateneo Grade School here in Davao, I forgot the name. This one wasn't too exciting since it's in Davao but the food was good so, there u go!
On the 4th year, we went to Jusuit Retreat House in Malaybalay, Bukidnon. This time, the Retreat itself was great. We were just like having fun while we are there. Going to Bukidnon was already like a tour. It is mostly a grassland with average elevation of 915 meters.
The scenery of mountains, caves, forest, lakes, rivers, waterfalls and streams is awesome!
Here I am on our Bukidnon Adventure with Ate Vangie (dark pants, Beth (white shirt), Sam (pink shirt) and our grade school nurse (white shirt, black pants)
The 5th year we went to Dominican Retreat House in Davao. Everything was great, the sorrounding was quite and comfortable and warm. I felt like I wasn't in Davao. The place was overlooking the City and the Nuns were so nice to us.
The Retreat program was casual and stimulating while the experience was reflective and spiritual. One of those that I missed about working with UIC.










1 comment:
wow!nice places u've been! ako nkarating nlang ng tate di man lang naikot ang Pinas,hehehe!
those are some of d places i'd like to see, like Cebu & Camiguin.buti ka pa!ako,bka wla ng chance...hanggang pictures nlang,LoL!
Post a Comment