Hi everyone! Greet me, greet me! LOL! It's my bday po, July 4, 1976! I'm sooo getting old...but what the heck! I am happy, married and healthy! That's all it matters dba?We got back from our San Francisco trip last sunday around 1AM! Why? Because we waited for our luggages and the darn United Airline lost it. It went to Chicago instead! So we had to report our lost luggages. Luckily, they called us before noon to pick it up, good timing din that was Star and Sunny's checkout from the Pet Palace Hotel which is very close to the airport.
Anyway, our mini vacation from SanFranz was very memorable! Did I tell you all expenses was paid by JJ's company? He was sent there for the Catalyst conference at Hilton Hotel. We only had to pay $100+ for my tickets which are all first class. I am so loving it! We got there on monday night wearing shorts! We were totally surprised with the weather. Thinking that California's weather is gonna be warm, nah! It was chilly and very windy the entire time! We both had to buy coat which were out of season. We had a hard time finding one we really like.
I find myself content wandering aroung the Union Square when JJ was at the conference. It's so hard to just window shop with all the couture and high fashion around. That was also the first time I've seen and been in Goyard and Hermes purses store! I was like...woooww! Ya I know lust-for bags
Name it they have it! I just can't resist with my all time fave Zara since HK, got some Burberry tee which was 80% on-sale from Sak's Fifth, I got 2 pairs of sandals, SF souvenirs (hard rock shirts, Bubba Gump's, keychain, glass shots and refrigerator magnets for my collection) I think I did great and I am so proud of myself
palibhasa wlang pera!
After JJ's conference, the 2nd and 3rd nights were spent wandering around Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square. We got there thru Cable Car. I love it! There was so much things you can do in this place. What I love the most was the Hard Rock Cafe (JJ and I collects Hard Rock apparrel) and the Bubba Gump Restaurant, remember from the movie Forrest Gump? I have to have a souvenir photo with them.
Thursday night we went to dinner with JJ's boss and co-worker. JJ's bosse's wife and son also came. We went to this busy vietnamese restaurant called The Slanted Door. Very popular! Its located in the northeast corner of the restored Ferry Building across The Embarcadero from the foot of Market Street. We all shared with crispy imperial rolls, crispy vegetarian imperial a very citrusy salad which I really like but forgot the name and then I had caramelized catfish claypot with shallots, ginger and thai chilies (sorry had to write it here so I won't forget). Everybody was happy with the food choices, it was really good! Finally, JJ and I had vanilla bean crème brûlée for the sweets. Oh. My. Glory. Sinful! I really pigged out that night! Grabe my pants were so tight na so we went for a little walk to see the Financial District buildings, the Bay Bridge and the the Passage sculpture at Pier 14 took the cable car again on our way back to the hotel.
Friday, JJ decided to sleep-in instead of attending the last half day activities. Before noon time, we were already out checking Yerba Buena and Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial. Some of the writings on the wall were written in Tagalog! Ha, I felt proud in just a second there! Our next target was to see the Alcatraz, unfortunately we had to buy the tickets in advance pala, like 3 days in advance. They can only accomodate x#'s of tourist. To our dismaym we climbed the hills going to The Coit Tower. There we can see the Alcatraz from a distance so with the Angel Island, the foggy Golden Gate Bridge basically everything we can see from here.
We moved on to the Golden Gate Park. On our way there, I got a text message from a filipina (Merilyn) who'm I befriended from Friendster thru Aya's profile. She told me that she and Dan (her hubby) were on their way to meet us. We checked out the Japanese Tea Garden while waiting on them.
Finally we met and we are all happy. It felt like she was a long lost friend of mine. We had so much in common. For one thing, we both are from the same "baryo" in pinas. We're at the same age. One of my bestfriend in HS was also a her friend and her neighboor! So we chatted and held hands while walking, no pretentions at all. I am so confortble with her and so with her hubby which she fondly calls "dear".
Our stop at Queen Welhimina Garden and Duth Windmill was so cool. Flowers are blooming and the sorroundings were so refreshing. We Fort Mason was soooo fogged up that we could not see anything so we left and head down to the Holocaust Memorial. We didn't get a chance to get in (i think they are close) but we managed to get some photos instead.
Dan drove us around. We checked out those tiny million dollar houses! Finally we are off to see the Golden Gate Bridge at Fort Point. We were all devastated because we could not see anything! I was gonna cry...why of all the days? So we left. Dan decided to drove us to the Golden Gate Bridge anyway, going to to the Marin County. I told JJ to video it and they were all laughing at me. But I insisted so JJ took a video....and guess what? there was light at the end of the tunnel! Man, such a joy when I saw the sun
It looked like a different world once we pass half of the bridge. Dan and Merilyn did such a great job touring us. It helped that they've been here countless times, 'coz they know the best tourist spots where we can get a good angle of the bridge. We went to Vista Point and then to Fort Baker and the Bay area. We could not thank enough for Dan's effort to drive us around, be our tourist guide, our photographer and historian. Merilyn was also quick to tell him where to take us next and we all held our hungry tummies...pictures and sightseeing first before everything else.
Finally, we had dinner at The Spinnaker at Sausalito. The Panoramic view of the SF skyline, Angel Island, Alcatraz, and Bay Bridge were so amazing. We never got bored waiting for our food because of the magnificent scenery. It was built directly over the water and we all enjoyed our dinner. We had so much fun chatting and getting to know each other better. JJ even commented that Dan was the type of person he can always hang out with...which really surprised me. For him being able to say it, is a first and very unexpected. They even took us back to the hotel even if we insisted them not too. We were already content that even if they will drop us off anywhere...we wont complain hehehe. Merilyn had to work the next day and it will take them at least 1.5 hours to get home.
Overall, the day turned out memorable. Went to bed with a smiling face and happy hearts!
Saturday, our last day. We squeezed some time to visit the Chinatown before the 12noon checkout time. Wasn't really expecting anything but the cookie factory which my mr. tour guide didn't get to find. I was gonna fire him
but I understand we don't have much time to screw around. On our way back to the hotel he insisted to get me the cable car charm that he'd been eyeing at the World of Charms. He was so excited to hand it to me after paying for it. Na touch naman ako so I told him, that I am content to have it as my birthday gift.
So there ya go friendships! That ends our San Francisco vacation...I am so sorry it has to be detailed. I really wanted to do this not just for all of you but for the years to come....esp. when my memories starts to fade....we are getting old na and ya never know what happens next! Hopefully, I am still able in the next 10 yrs. or hopefuly JJ and I are still inlove and crazy with each other. That's all I wished for...so help me God!

















No comments:
Post a Comment