We have chosen who is going to be my ob-gyn for this pregnancy. She is a doctor from Professionals for Women's Health. She serves several clinic and hospitals in Columbus. She has one very close to my house (about 15mins. drive) . However, I could not get in to that clinic until March 19. We decided to go to one of her clinic in Dublin who has available appointment on this day.
The first visit would be to a nurse midwife. I was kind of nervous and scared about this whole thing, not very much looking forward to it but I am doing it for this tiny one inside of me. On this checkup, they run a bunch of test but the very first thing they did is to check my weight then my blood pressure and then I was given a couple of wipes and a little plastic cup to pee on. They did my urine test and was told I was indeed pregnant.
JJ and I had discussions with the nurse midwife. I am so glad he came along with me, he asked questions, stuff that I could not think off. Basically, do's and don'ts. We mentioned that I did not get enough sleep last night because I had bad cold and that I am very gassy. She told us tylenol and tums are very safe for pregnancy. I should mention that I am told to stay away from seafood! Will that be possible? Will see!
I had my pap test which I absolutely hated it, Gosh, I knew you girls can relate to this! After the pap test was the pelvic test and then finally I had my blood test. I couldn't wait until the lady stopped drawing blood on me. She had tons of vials and it really scared me because I hated to see blood! Well, she was really nice and very gentle though. She had this little cute pillow where she had me rest my hands while she is extracting my blood and the only thing I can do is to look to the other side :)
The first visit would be to a nurse midwife. I was kind of nervous and scared about this whole thing, not very much looking forward to it but I am doing it for this tiny one inside of me. On this checkup, they run a bunch of test but the very first thing they did is to check my weight then my blood pressure and then I was given a couple of wipes and a little plastic cup to pee on. They did my urine test and was told I was indeed pregnant.
JJ and I had discussions with the nurse midwife. I am so glad he came along with me, he asked questions, stuff that I could not think off. Basically, do's and don'ts. We mentioned that I did not get enough sleep last night because I had bad cold and that I am very gassy. She told us tylenol and tums are very safe for pregnancy. I should mention that I am told to stay away from seafood! Will that be possible? Will see!
I had my pap test which I absolutely hated it, Gosh, I knew you girls can relate to this! After the pap test was the pelvic test and then finally I had my blood test. I couldn't wait until the lady stopped drawing blood on me. She had tons of vials and it really scared me because I hated to see blood! Well, she was really nice and very gentle though. She had this little cute pillow where she had me rest my hands while she is extracting my blood and the only thing I can do is to look to the other side :)
No comments:
Post a Comment