Just a little update about my quick visit to a midwife:
Did a weight check. I did not get to find out how much I gained within 2 weeks.
BP: 110/64
Baby Heart Beat: 150bpm
The midwife told me about my result for the glucose test. And...Yes! I pass it! Wohooo! It is such as relief that I don't have to do the grueling 3 hour test. She also told me that my iron level is doing perfectly well. The passing score was 11 and I was at 10.9 based on the results of my previous blood test. To me was kinda surprising. I thought that they will give me a hard time and would found out that I am actually not doing what I am supposed to be doing. Example: I am supposed to be taking iron supplement 3x a day which is very hard. OK I admit, I hate taking meds! I don't know why but taking meds 3x a day is just too much. I promise though, I try not to miss the folic acid vitamin because that is very important. I think I just missed it twice since the beginning :)
Overall, visit was pretty quick and I am thankful that JJ managed to meet me at the clinic. Will update in the next 2 weeks!
Edit: I almost forgot about this but I did asked the midwife to check the position of the baby. She tried to measure my belly at first and then felt the baby. He is in vertex position right now which means the baby is head down and curled in the "fetal position,". His head is in my pelvis and his chin to his chest. This is considered the optimal position for birth. But she also told me not to worry about it for now since the baby can still move at this stage. By the time I am at 38 or 39th weeks they will have to check if the baby is on the right position...so yayy! Good job baby!
Did a weight check. I did not get to find out how much I gained within 2 weeks.
BP: 110/64
Baby Heart Beat: 150bpm
The midwife told me about my result for the glucose test. And...Yes! I pass it! Wohooo! It is such as relief that I don't have to do the grueling 3 hour test. She also told me that my iron level is doing perfectly well. The passing score was 11 and I was at 10.9 based on the results of my previous blood test. To me was kinda surprising. I thought that they will give me a hard time and would found out that I am actually not doing what I am supposed to be doing. Example: I am supposed to be taking iron supplement 3x a day which is very hard. OK I admit, I hate taking meds! I don't know why but taking meds 3x a day is just too much. I promise though, I try not to miss the folic acid vitamin because that is very important. I think I just missed it twice since the beginning :)
Overall, visit was pretty quick and I am thankful that JJ managed to meet me at the clinic. Will update in the next 2 weeks!
Edit: I almost forgot about this but I did asked the midwife to check the position of the baby. She tried to measure my belly at first and then felt the baby. He is in vertex position right now which means the baby is head down and curled in the "fetal position,". His head is in my pelvis and his chin to his chest. This is considered the optimal position for birth. But she also told me not to worry about it for now since the baby can still move at this stage. By the time I am at 38 or 39th weeks they will have to check if the baby is on the right position...so yayy! Good job baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment