It was saturday, (03-19-05) one of the few weekends wherein I get to spend time with my hubby. I usually work every saturday and only spend time with him on sundays. I even work on sunday nights if it gets worst at work.
I was up on my normal time around 9am. As usual hubby gets to sleep in with our comfy bed a little bit later than normal. Its 11am, and I was bored so I woke him up with a a hot, smoking blueberry oatmeal. He woke up and ate it in bed and beg to give him time untill 12:30 to sleep again. So i gave in.
Finally, I woke him up and scared him if we won't do anything, I would go to work. The first thing that came to his mind is to go to the Auto Show. Columbus Auto Show Then, he asked if I am interested to go visit Ikea in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for some shopping. I was excited at first, until he mentioned about Argosy Casino VI which is an easy drive from anywhere around Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana . It is a side wheel vessel, with three decks and accommodates 4,000 passengers. We phoned in the 1-800 number to book overnight but sadly it was fully booked. Oh well, so much for Indiana.
We went to get drive-thru food from Fazoli's. After eating, we tried to look again for possible weekend get-away. Then, hubby mentioned about Windsor, Ontario Canada I was soooo excited that I didn't have second thoughts about it, and said YES! I've always wanted to go to Canada and experience a new culture. I didn't care which city as long as it is Canada. By looking at the website, it looks like its a cool place. He also mentioned that its a place known for "Strip Clubs". So, I asked him to call our friend Doug, because he might be interested to go with us. And he did say YES! 4PM and we were all set booked at Hilton Hotel in Windsor. Its 10 before 6PM and we are all on our way to Windsor, Ontario Canada.
Its a 3.5 hrs. drive but John as a good driver manage to drive it for just 3 hrs. We passed the Tunnel that connects Detroit, MI and Windsor, Ontario.
As we tried to enter the city we have to pass The Security Checkpoint wherein an Immigration Officer asks us a few questions, such as where we are going and for how long, and if we have tobacco or alcohol (its not allowed). They also looked into our ID's. It wasn't terrible experience to get in. About 10:30 and we were already at the hotel trying to settled in. After we did vallet parking, we went out and head to the Casino. It was my first time to go to a Casino and I have never gambled before. John was not a good gambler either. And by the way, US$1 is worth $1.20 CDN. We were having a hard time playing the Slot Machines as the machine won't accept our money! wahhh! we almost gave up. Until John finally learned how to do it. It wasn't hard really, but we still ended up loosers. Oh well, so much for that...we head out to Doug's fave place. I'm not gonna tell you what it is, as I don't have the nerve to tell it.
I was up on my normal time around 9am. As usual hubby gets to sleep in with our comfy bed a little bit later than normal. Its 11am, and I was bored so I woke him up with a a hot, smoking blueberry oatmeal. He woke up and ate it in bed and beg to give him time untill 12:30 to sleep again. So i gave in.
Finally, I woke him up and scared him if we won't do anything, I would go to work. The first thing that came to his mind is to go to the Auto Show. Columbus Auto Show Then, he asked if I am interested to go visit Ikea in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for some shopping. I was excited at first, until he mentioned about Argosy Casino VI which is an easy drive from anywhere around Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana . It is a side wheel vessel, with three decks and accommodates 4,000 passengers. We phoned in the 1-800 number to book overnight but sadly it was fully booked. Oh well, so much for Indiana.
We went to get drive-thru food from Fazoli's. After eating, we tried to look again for possible weekend get-away. Then, hubby mentioned about Windsor, Ontario Canada I was soooo excited that I didn't have second thoughts about it, and said YES! I've always wanted to go to Canada and experience a new culture. I didn't care which city as long as it is Canada. By looking at the website, it looks like its a cool place. He also mentioned that its a place known for "Strip Clubs". So, I asked him to call our friend Doug, because he might be interested to go with us. And he did say YES! 4PM and we were all set booked at Hilton Hotel in Windsor. Its 10 before 6PM and we are all on our way to Windsor, Ontario Canada.
Its a 3.5 hrs. drive but John as a good driver manage to drive it for just 3 hrs. We passed the Tunnel that connects Detroit, MI and Windsor, Ontario.
As we tried to enter the city we have to pass The Security Checkpoint wherein an Immigration Officer asks us a few questions, such as where we are going and for how long, and if we have tobacco or alcohol (its not allowed). They also looked into our ID's. It wasn't terrible experience to get in. About 10:30 and we were already at the hotel trying to settled in. After we did vallet parking, we went out and head to the Casino. It was my first time to go to a Casino and I have never gambled before. John was not a good gambler either. And by the way, US$1 is worth $1.20 CDN. We were having a hard time playing the Slot Machines as the machine won't accept our money! wahhh! we almost gave up. Until John finally learned how to do it. It wasn't hard really, but we still ended up loosers. Oh well, so much for that...we head out to Doug's fave place. I'm not gonna tell you what it is, as I don't have the nerve to tell it.
No comments:
Post a Comment