Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Canada, Our Second Day

We went back to our hotel at 2AM. I was tired and sleepy but I was excited to see the city, so it was OK. 8AM, I woked up for a need to go to the bathroom. I tried to go back and get an additional hour of sleep but I can't. My adrenalin was up and about ready for another exciting day so I went ahead and took a shower. John, as always was still in bed. I looked at the view of the Detroit River. It was foggy but very pretty. I don't know but I'm always fascinated to see tall buildings. Here in the photos, I took the tallest skycraper in Detroit, the GM building.

About 10:30 we had our breakfast at the hotel. We decided to visit Fort Malden Museum at Amherstburg and If we have time we can go visit the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit, MI. And finally go to a Souvenir Shop.

It was freezing cold! I almost turned into a popsicle! Imagine I have 4 layers of clothes but I was still cold. Here's the link of the all the photos I took during the trip. Windsor, Ontario Canada Photos

We went to Devonshire Mall for some souvenir shopping but never found one so we ended up eating a light lunch before we head home and just stop by at the Duty Free Shop. I had a Spicy Chicken Wings, which has similar taste to the Hot and Spicy Chicken in KFC Phils. I don't care much the KFC here in Columbus as their spicy chicken is always on a sauce. We then hit the road on our way home but I told John not to forget to stop by at the Duty Free Shop. I got myself, and my sister Jovy a t-shirt (size 8 for kids) wheew! they don't have small sizes for petite and the medium were still big. I got some key chains for the sisters and my mom. I knew my sister Jovy would get jealous as soon as I break her the news that I've already been to Canada. This is where she wanted to Immigrate.

Now the fiasco at the Security Checkpoint!!! There were few lines of cars but it wasn't that bad. I looked up from my side and saw the GM building. I thought about getting a closer photo, hubby said go ahead, so i did.

I also took a photo of the sign that says Welcome Michigan but you can see on the bottom a little bit of the Security Checkpoint. As soon as we got to the Officer, the first thing she asks us is if we took a picture. Hubby said yes. They probably have a camera and looking at us while we were still in line. She asks if its digital and if she can see it. We did show it to her. Then she looked for our ID's. Asks us if we have alcohol and tobacco again and we said no. She also looked for our passports. Good thing, I brought mine and hubby's. I don't wanna be left in Windsor, ya know! Doug forgot to bring his. So, she asks few more questions to him. Then she put a paper on the windshield and asks us to go to the checking officer. Two guys, asks us again about the photos that we took. They looked on it and asks us if we could delete that last photos I took that has a little bit of the Security Checkpoint on the bottom. We don't want to argue an officer...we'd rather delete it or have them give us a hard time. Sheeesshhh! that was scary experience!

No comments: