Friday: July 15, 05
This morning, I walked JJ out of the hotel. It was his last day for the conference at the nearby hotel. After buying us some coffee at starbucks, I decided to go for a walk at the Seaport Village . It was SD's landmark for waterfront Shopping and Dining. They had A LOT of shops and galleries, restaurants and side-walk eateries. It was very accessible, infact the quarter mile boarwalk connects the Hyatt, and Mariott Hotel and Marina (where we are staying) and the Comic-Con International Center where a convention was being held. I just had to go out of Marriots gate at the back and Im already there. I like the boardwalk which is also beside the seaport. Lots of boat and yatch in here. While walking I can feel the cold breeze...perfect weather. As usal I was busy taking pictures. I don't remember going out without my camera. It was just silly of me taking pictures everywhere...including myself! What can I say, I am just a camera freak!
Anyway, JJ just spent about 4-5 hours today. It was their final session for the Burton Group Catalyst Convention. He texted me and asked if I wanted to have lunch at the Jollibee! Wowowow! Of course I said yes! It was already in our errr... my plan that since we are in CA we might as well visit filipino restaurant's nearby.
JJ was on time to pick me up at the seaport village, I was done shopping for some souvenirs. We head back to the hotel but instead of going out for lunch, we decided to just do it for dinner and we should just take a long nap.
At 5pm we are on our way to National City where the Jollibee is located. According to mapquest and 2 SD maps that we carry on, estimated time would be 10 mins. and a total of 5.39 miles from our hotel...not bad!We are supposed to look for the 8th street which will lead us to the National City but it jumped to 12th, 14th then 20's and 32nd streets. Holy crap, how in the world we missed the 8th street! and we have already been driving for almost 20 minutes. So we went back on our way, this time trying not to miss the 8th street.
Still we can't find the 8th street. We were confused to death. Then, we follow 1st ave. until we reach 7th ave. Hoping the next street would be the 8th street but to our dismay. We had been ghost chasing for almost 2 hours. We coudn't find the sign that would lead us to 8th street or the National City. JJ had been cursing out loud because he is frustrated. We even reach to the point of yelling each other. He pissed me off because he would drive down East while I believe we have to stay next or not too far from SD as National City is very close into it.
Then, he said forget about f*cking Jollibee! I started not talking to him, pouting and sulking in my sit. Then he said, OK I drive and you tell me where am I supposed to go! We did that for awhile but still - the evasive 8th st. I started calling the Jollibee's number but nobody answered me. He said...oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Finally, he played his last card....to go to interstate 5. Told me, if this time we won't see the place then he'd surrender, I finally said yes since we've been driving around for 2 hours. It was so frustrating. JJ said whoever made this map deserves to be strungled! Yikes, galit na si Kano. The direction was pretty easy yet it was very hard to look for it.
The Interstate 5. We just drove for about 5 minutes and we already saw the sign - 8th street and then National City. We felt relieved and the rest was pretty easy to follow.
At the Jollibee, JJ was happy to see me egrinning ear to ear looking at the menu's. I was like a kid! I've been here for about 2 yrs now...(this saturday july 23rd). Syempre na miss ko din ang pagkaing pinoy. I had shanghai rolls and palabok fiesta with pearl coolers and a drink...(pig!) heheh JJ had a plain burger which he doesn't like because they over done it...it was kinda on the dark side (poor kano!) hehe I don't care as long as I got what I like and so far so good.
Anyway, I went home stuffed, happy and contented. I even asked him that now we know how to get there...if we could go back once more before we leave for Columbus. He flashed me with his astonishing expression, and said...we'll see!
National City...ka daming pinoy! and mexican's. I've seen a alot of Filipino restaurants, infact on the side streets was a lot of flags that says MABUHAY...and then some of our national flags. I saw Tatak Pilipino store of which I told myself...by hook or by crook...I will be back!
---
-----
------
Directions:
From:
333 W Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101-7709
To:
1401 E Plaza Blvd.
National City, CA 91950-3613
1. Start out going southeast on W Harbor Drive toward 1st. Ave.
2. Turn Left onto W 8th St.
3. Turn right onto Highland Ave.
4. Turn left onto E Plaza Blvd.
5. End at 1401 E Plaza Blvd.
National City, CA 91950-3613
Total Estimated time: 10 minutes
Total Estimated distance: 5.39 miles
This morning, I walked JJ out of the hotel. It was his last day for the conference at the nearby hotel. After buying us some coffee at starbucks, I decided to go for a walk at the Seaport Village . It was SD's landmark for waterfront Shopping and Dining. They had A LOT of shops and galleries, restaurants and side-walk eateries. It was very accessible, infact the quarter mile boarwalk connects the Hyatt, and Mariott Hotel and Marina (where we are staying) and the Comic-Con International Center where a convention was being held. I just had to go out of Marriots gate at the back and Im already there. I like the boardwalk which is also beside the seaport. Lots of boat and yatch in here. While walking I can feel the cold breeze...perfect weather. As usal I was busy taking pictures. I don't remember going out without my camera. It was just silly of me taking pictures everywhere...including myself! What can I say, I am just a camera freak!
Anyway, JJ just spent about 4-5 hours today. It was their final session for the Burton Group Catalyst Convention. He texted me and asked if I wanted to have lunch at the Jollibee! Wowowow! Of course I said yes! It was already in our errr... my plan that since we are in CA we might as well visit filipino restaurant's nearby.
JJ was on time to pick me up at the seaport village, I was done shopping for some souvenirs. We head back to the hotel but instead of going out for lunch, we decided to just do it for dinner and we should just take a long nap.
At 5pm we are on our way to National City where the Jollibee is located. According to mapquest and 2 SD maps that we carry on, estimated time would be 10 mins. and a total of 5.39 miles from our hotel...not bad!We are supposed to look for the 8th street which will lead us to the National City but it jumped to 12th, 14th then 20's and 32nd streets. Holy crap, how in the world we missed the 8th street! and we have already been driving for almost 20 minutes. So we went back on our way, this time trying not to miss the 8th street.
Still we can't find the 8th street. We were confused to death. Then, we follow 1st ave. until we reach 7th ave. Hoping the next street would be the 8th street but to our dismay. We had been ghost chasing for almost 2 hours. We coudn't find the sign that would lead us to 8th street or the National City. JJ had been cursing out loud because he is frustrated. We even reach to the point of yelling each other. He pissed me off because he would drive down East while I believe we have to stay next or not too far from SD as National City is very close into it.
Then, he said forget about f*cking Jollibee! I started not talking to him, pouting and sulking in my sit. Then he said, OK I drive and you tell me where am I supposed to go! We did that for awhile but still - the evasive 8th st. I started calling the Jollibee's number but nobody answered me. He said...oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Finally, he played his last card....to go to interstate 5. Told me, if this time we won't see the place then he'd surrender, I finally said yes since we've been driving around for 2 hours. It was so frustrating. JJ said whoever made this map deserves to be strungled! Yikes, galit na si Kano. The direction was pretty easy yet it was very hard to look for it.
The Interstate 5. We just drove for about 5 minutes and we already saw the sign - 8th street and then National City. We felt relieved and the rest was pretty easy to follow.
At the Jollibee, JJ was happy to see me egrinning ear to ear looking at the menu's. I was like a kid! I've been here for about 2 yrs now...(this saturday july 23rd). Syempre na miss ko din ang pagkaing pinoy. I had shanghai rolls and palabok fiesta with pearl coolers and a drink...(pig!) heheh JJ had a plain burger which he doesn't like because they over done it...it was kinda on the dark side (poor kano!) hehe I don't care as long as I got what I like and so far so good.
Anyway, I went home stuffed, happy and contented. I even asked him that now we know how to get there...if we could go back once more before we leave for Columbus. He flashed me with his astonishing expression, and said...we'll see!
National City...ka daming pinoy! and mexican's. I've seen a alot of Filipino restaurants, infact on the side streets was a lot of flags that says MABUHAY...and then some of our national flags. I saw Tatak Pilipino store of which I told myself...by hook or by crook...I will be back!
---
-----
------
Directions:
From:
333 W Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101-7709
To:
1401 E Plaza Blvd.
National City, CA 91950-3613
1. Start out going southeast on W Harbor Drive toward 1st. Ave.
2. Turn Left onto W 8th St.
3. Turn right onto Highland Ave.
4. Turn left onto E Plaza Blvd.
5. End at 1401 E Plaza Blvd.
National City, CA 91950-3613
Total Estimated time: 10 minutes
Total Estimated distance: 5.39 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment