Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hospitality

Thursday: July 14, 05

I spent most of my days at the Horton Plaza, while JJ was on the conference at the nearby Hyatt Hotel. I was walking on my way to the mall, about 10AM but the whole place was still foggy. Infact, it was chilly.

I checked out some shops before I decided to get brunch. The place was packed with people! I had to wait for somebody to vacate the table. There isn't enough dinning area for such a popular place. I spent most of my time at the Sanrio store...they are have a lot of trinkets, remember Hello Kitty, Badtz Maru, Cinnamoroll, Chocat, My Melody, Twin Stars, Chi Chai Monchan, Charmi Kitty, Chibi Maru and Sugarbunnies. I swear I could spend a whole day in here.

Guess what, I met a Filipina in an Intimate store at the Mall. She asked me if I am filipina, we chatted for quite awhile, until she had to attend to a customer. She was very friendly though. Finally I got tired of looking around. I already reach my quota for the day...heheh so I had to go back to the hotel and waited for JJ.

After some argument, JJ finally won that I will be going with him back to the Hyatt Hotel for an event called HOSPITALITY. It was a gathering wherein select vendors will have the opportunity to expound on their strategic plans and demonstrate their products. That was an opportunity for JJ to visit the vendors, especially NOVELL and asked them specific questions or just hear about their unique integration solutions. These vendors supply food, beverages and wine for quests who visited their suites. Each vendors has their own "pakulo"giveaways, raffle and entertainment. At first I felt ackward being with him on this event. He had to talk to each vendors. I was just listening and looking at them or looking around the suite. I had no clue what they were talking about. I told him i wanted to go back to the hotel but he won't let me go because he had to introduce me to his ex-boss who was also attending the conference. Later on, I became interested with the food and wine-s! Also with the giveaways! Everytime he's done talking to a vendor, they would give him a stamp for the overall raffle and give a little something like a battery operated car toy, plastic glove, cute-little wine glasses and much more.

PspThat night made JJ happier, he won a Sony PSP - Playstation Portable Console.
at least meron na man syang ibang pagkakaabalahan and pagkakagastahan! Inang ko po!

Anyway, I met his ex-boss. He was very kind and very chatty. He had a lot of stuff to talk to. He was always interested in knowing me, like how I liked it here and about my country. Yung bang hindi ako maa-out of place. He even invited us to visit his family in Chicago, the next time we'd visit the place. He was super nice. He gave JJ more than he is worth to be paid for. Kaya naman, he was JJ's one of the fave bosse's if not the most favorite. Kaya ngayon, that he got a new Indian boss who is based in NY, he feared that he'd be given lesser "evaluation" mukhang kuripot pa naman daw. So JJ decided to accept the Job that was offered to him, still in the same company but in some other department. He was hoping this time would be not that "complicated".

O sya, its getting late. I have to be in bed na...

Lots of photos coming soon!

No comments: