Thursday, July 14, 2005

San Diego here I come

Wednesday: July 13, 05

Everything turned out right on our separate flights. I boarded both Continental Airlines as an Elite Passengers. I was so scared that I won't make it and I will have a hard time finding my gate for my connecting flight. I just don't believe myself hehehe! What can I say, i am dumb most of the time. I left 6PM on my first flight for Houston Texas, the airline was on time which is good. John boarded Northwest Airline for Minneapolis but was late...errr! It didn't made a difference on the arrival time though. He said when things like this happened, the airline has the tendency to burn more fuel so they fly faster. When we arrived in Houston Texas, they first thing I did was to checked on the monitor. I looked for my Flight number and checked which gate I would be. I compared it to the ticket that they printed for me, but the gate was different. It says C23 but my ticket says E21. Then, I heard somebody announcing about change of gates. Passengers bound for San Diego pls. proceed to gate E21. Holly Moly, my ticket was right. I had to walk for a good distance though. This flight was full the reason they could'nt let my hubby in, same thing on his connecting flight from Minneapolis to SD. It was full that's why we had to fly on different route and airplane. John called me the very time his plane landed Minneapolis, he was asking if everything turned out right. I told him everything was under control. My second flight was late for 15 minutes this time, but it never changed the arrival time. I am beginning to like being an Elite passengers (wink), why not? Who does'nt want being pampared with food? heheh my tummy is happy the last two flights, while poor hubby has to look for his food. He only got water and he has to buy it for $5. I arrived an hour before John. I have to wait for him in the lobby. He arrived about 11:30PM, 2:30AM in Columbus. He was grinning when I saw him coming down to the lobby. I guess he was happy that I use my IQ this time, nyahaha! After taking care of the Avis car rental, we then looked for our hotel. San Diego Marriot Hotel and Marina wasn't that far. The weather as what I heard and read on some postings are perfect. It was sunny but then the breeze makes it great, not warm at all. Although the news yesterday said...90% humidity. It freaked me out a little bit.

OK, I have to wrap this up...hubby's has to go to his conference. I just sneaked our bragging este blogging when he was in the shower. He will be gone for the day and might be spending the day window shopping at the Horton Plaza.

No comments: