Friday, June 06, 2008

Pasalubong from NYC

We are so glad JJ is back from his New York training. The fuzzies and I had a 2 rough nights due to bad weather. Lots of thunder and lightning that really scares them so much. I had no problem with Sunny the week before when we experience bad weather even in the middle of the night. However this time, he was on top of me and not wanting to separate. I could hardly breath with his weight on me and no matter how i try to treat them like there is nothing wrong, he wouldn't listen at all. Star on the other hand is scared but since Dada is nowhere here she just hide behind the laundry basket. I had to get up and get them some water to drink. It was past 3am when we all got back to bed.

The next night, same bad weather but on top of that, there was a chirping sound that always freaked out Sunny. When it happens, its always because the fire alarm is low on battery and there is no way I could get the ladder and change the battery by myself. So that chirping sound and then the thunder and lightning kept as half asleep the whole night. The next morning, everybody woked up tired. The sad part is I had to work and I don't wanna leave the fuzzies all day with the chirping sound. That is Sunny's first enemy. He is just scared and will follow me anywhere I go. Heck, he even wanted to be picked up for the most part, like a scared baby. I thought its cute but diffinitely not a good idea to treat him like a baby or else, I will be norturing a bad behavioral issue like anxiety, fear and maybe phobia, I don't want that to happen.



So I called JJ and we talked about it. He tried to help me figure out which fire alarm is low on battery. Then we found out that it was the Carbon Monoxide Detector which is making the chirping sound. I did steam cleaning on the carpet yesterday and I unplugged it so it used up all the battery! That's what it is! I felt so dumb and relief tha I could leave the fuzzies without the chirping noice bugging them, esp. Sunny.

So anyway, JJ got home early today (2AM). Flight had been delayed twice and according to him he had his fill and It will be nice to be able to sleep in his own bed and everyone missed him so much.


Pasalubong (gift) that I asked from him was H&H Bagel, they are so good, way better than any bagel I had before! He also got me a Hard Rock Cafe and a Hell's Kitchen shirts. He had a hard time getting the one's I asked him to get. Oh well, maybe next time I could go with him and see NYC myself...but the time has yet to come!

No comments: