Well, I had my 2nd monthly checkup today at 1PM. I don't really know what to expect on this visit. I've been researching it online but I was unlucky to get info's. It turned out just perfectly fine. No test at all which is Good! They only did the usual check like finding out how much I gained which is just 1 lbs. from last month's. My blood pressure was also normal. I waited for the Nurse practitioner assigned to me on that visit and when she came, she just checked the baby's heartbeat which is at 156 bpm. A little slower than last visit which is 176 bpm. The baby's heartbeat will slow down as the baby gets bigger.
The fact that there will be no test at all on this visit is a big relief but I have so many concerns that I wanted to discuss. She was in fact very helpful and very informative. She advised me to practice Kegel exercise which can be very helpful to prevent "leaks" during coughing.
We also discussed about "seafood". It's really hard to stay away from my favorite milkfish and shrimp and I am glad that she cleared it up to me.
The fact that there will be no test at all on this visit is a big relief but I have so many concerns that I wanted to discuss. She was in fact very helpful and very informative. She advised me to practice Kegel exercise which can be very helpful to prevent "leaks" during coughing.
We also discussed about "seafood". It's really hard to stay away from my favorite milkfish and shrimp and I am glad that she cleared it up to me.
- She told me to stay away from:
- Swordfish
- Shark
- Mackerel
- Ahi tuna (yellowfin tuna)
- Blue Marlin
- Trout
- Albacore Tuna
- Crab
- Sea Bass
The first 3 have a very high content of mercury. The rest I can eat in moderation but make sure it is cooked.
The following contains the lowest content of mercury and that is perfectly fine to eat, as long as it is not raw.
- Shrimp
- Squid
- Salmon
*Yay for the above! Wohhoo but milkfish is not in the list. I asked her about it and she said as long as it is cooked and eaten in moderation. So there ya go.
About caffeine. I was told no more than 1 glass of coffee a day, so yayyy!
She also told me to avoid soft cheeses and that means no Brie, Feta, and Gorgonzola.
I also confessed to her that I am very lazy in taking my 3x a day iron pill. Yeah, I hated it but she did not give me a hard time. She said not to force myself if I don't feel like taking it. However when I feel like I can take them, to make sure to take those meds separate from the folic pills. As it will work better without them taken at the same time.
I also developed a distaste of milk and she then asked if I eat sardines (with bones) which is a big YES. She said that is actually good source of omega-3 and calcium. Overall, today was a very informative visit. She sat and chatted with us, made is very comfortable about out concerns and shared us very good insights. I did not at all feel like she was trying to hurry as up. We all laugh from time to time and we left the clinic with a big sigh of relief and content.
I can't wait for next month's visit. We will get to find out the gender of our baby....yayyy!
About caffeine. I was told no more than 1 glass of coffee a day, so yayyy!
She also told me to avoid soft cheeses and that means no Brie, Feta, and Gorgonzola.
I also confessed to her that I am very lazy in taking my 3x a day iron pill. Yeah, I hated it but she did not give me a hard time. She said not to force myself if I don't feel like taking it. However when I feel like I can take them, to make sure to take those meds separate from the folic pills. As it will work better without them taken at the same time.
I also developed a distaste of milk and she then asked if I eat sardines (with bones) which is a big YES. She said that is actually good source of omega-3 and calcium. Overall, today was a very informative visit. She sat and chatted with us, made is very comfortable about out concerns and shared us very good insights. I did not at all feel like she was trying to hurry as up. We all laugh from time to time and we left the clinic with a big sigh of relief and content.
I can't wait for next month's visit. We will get to find out the gender of our baby....yayyy!
1 comment:
3x a day jud ang iron supplement diha?...sa akoa is one once daily. multivitamins na xa, iron with folic.
Post a Comment