Friday, May 01, 2009

Fourth Checkup with an Ob-Gyn

Today was a big day. We found out that we are going to have a baby boy! How exciting :) We are still in heaven as of this moment. I was texting and asking my friends to guess about the baby's gender last night and everyone seemed to guess that its going to be a boy. Was I happy about it? Yes, I am so happy, real happy. What is funny though is that ever since we found out that we are pregnant, I kept thinking about a baby girls name. Its weird. What probably made me think that its a girl is because late fil wants a girl. Something changed over the past weeks. I began wishing for a boy. I guess JJ was hoping for a boy too based on his comment that if its going to be a boy then he will have someone to ride the roller coaster with! What a cute thought!

So what happened during the visit? It started with my routinary check. Weight and blood pressure and then the doctor came and asked if we are ready to find out what the baby is going to be. She checked everything that needed to be checked. She measured the head circumference, the spine, she showed where the arms are, the legs, the heart and so much more. Suddenly she said, "I think, I kinda know what is the gender but I wanna make sure first". I started looking intensely on the monitor where there is one position that she wanted a clear picture of. I suddenly said, Is it a boy? And she said...."I think it is!" I gave a high five to JJ who was sitting on a chair to my left. We were very happy and as soon as the doctor printed the scanned pictures we left the room and proudly showed the pictures to a staff who is going to schedule my next appointment.

We left the building with all smiles. There was even one moment when we said "Good job, Babe" to one another, in tune. So I guess that shows that our wishes were met. Hopefully, if we were to have another one, then it would be perfect to have a girl, right? That would be real nice, but will see :)

No comments: