Just two days after JJ's birthday was his schedule for a diagnostic test called biopsy. Everything was perfectly fine during the prep process. I had to wait by myself at the waiting room while the doctor's are doing the procedure. It probably took about an hour and before I knew it he was back for recovery. He wasn't allowed to go home until after 3 hours! So we waited and while we were there, he tried to use the restroom but he could not urinate. The nurses gave him a lot of water to drink and he finished a bag of IV. He tried to use the restroom again before we have to leave the hospital but he still can't. The nurses told him to try it again at home. So off we left the hospital.
He took a nap right after we got home only to wake up with an excruciating pain. He had problems with urination and before I knew it, we had to rushed to the emergency hospital. It was my first time, there were too many people in there waiting for their turn. It's a first come first serve base. I don't know what to expect and I don't know what to do. It was hard for me emotionally, looking at him with so much pain. I have never seen him so helpless. It took us probably about 30-45 mins. before it was our turn. He had to be interviewed about what he feels at the moment, what was the process they did to him, what are the medications that he is currently taking and a lot more.
Finally, we were at the ER and even then, it still took a long time before they do something. I was never been in an ER before and I don't know what to expect. A doctor came to assess him and he was probably the one who decides what was the best procedure or remedy for his pain. I tell you it was hard being at the ER and what happened next was something I did not hoped for. For JJ, if its the only thing they can do then so be it, as long as he won't be in pain. Past midnight when the nurses decided that he is ready to go home.
He took a shower that night and then we were off to bed. He did get to sleep but he woke up with a mess and the next days his urine was still bloody. His temp was ok although it almost reach to 101 at some point. The following monday, here we are again we are back to the ER! At this point, the doctor's had to do something. Everyone involved has to be called. It was another long process and I was bored to death. Finally, they found out that there was a huge blood clot in his urinary track preventing the urine from flowing out freely thus causing him that excruciating pain. It was around 3pm and I decided leave the ER and get something to eat at the cafeteria. I got a call from JJ that we can now leave the hospital, yayy!
The next 2 days were a sick leave for JJ. He had to take it easy and he can't drive to work because he was on vicodin. I became an instant nurse for the last few days and I can tell I am not fitted for such a job. I am not strong enough seeing someone in pain. There was one point that I broke down. His temperature went up and the blood pressure was a little high., enough reasons for me to panicked. Finally, friday of the same week, he had an appointment to see his doctor. Before we left the house, he went to urinate and there the 3 cm. blood clot came out. Whew!!!
Everything turned out well after that. The doctor's visit was non eventful but very important and the good thing is after a week he got a call from his doctor. Basically he was told about the result of his biopsy and thank God, it wasn't something major and that the medications he is currently taking was already remedy for it. Yayyy...I'm so glad that ordeal is over. Sheesh!
He took a nap right after we got home only to wake up with an excruciating pain. He had problems with urination and before I knew it, we had to rushed to the emergency hospital. It was my first time, there were too many people in there waiting for their turn. It's a first come first serve base. I don't know what to expect and I don't know what to do. It was hard for me emotionally, looking at him with so much pain. I have never seen him so helpless. It took us probably about 30-45 mins. before it was our turn. He had to be interviewed about what he feels at the moment, what was the process they did to him, what are the medications that he is currently taking and a lot more.
Finally, we were at the ER and even then, it still took a long time before they do something. I was never been in an ER before and I don't know what to expect. A doctor came to assess him and he was probably the one who decides what was the best procedure or remedy for his pain. I tell you it was hard being at the ER and what happened next was something I did not hoped for. For JJ, if its the only thing they can do then so be it, as long as he won't be in pain. Past midnight when the nurses decided that he is ready to go home.
He took a shower that night and then we were off to bed. He did get to sleep but he woke up with a mess and the next days his urine was still bloody. His temp was ok although it almost reach to 101 at some point. The following monday, here we are again we are back to the ER! At this point, the doctor's had to do something. Everyone involved has to be called. It was another long process and I was bored to death. Finally, they found out that there was a huge blood clot in his urinary track preventing the urine from flowing out freely thus causing him that excruciating pain. It was around 3pm and I decided leave the ER and get something to eat at the cafeteria. I got a call from JJ that we can now leave the hospital, yayy!
The next 2 days were a sick leave for JJ. He had to take it easy and he can't drive to work because he was on vicodin. I became an instant nurse for the last few days and I can tell I am not fitted for such a job. I am not strong enough seeing someone in pain. There was one point that I broke down. His temperature went up and the blood pressure was a little high., enough reasons for me to panicked. Finally, friday of the same week, he had an appointment to see his doctor. Before we left the house, he went to urinate and there the 3 cm. blood clot came out. Whew!!!
Everything turned out well after that. The doctor's visit was non eventful but very important and the good thing is after a week he got a call from his doctor. Basically he was told about the result of his biopsy and thank God, it wasn't something major and that the medications he is currently taking was already remedy for it. Yayyy...I'm so glad that ordeal is over. Sheesh!
2 comments:
hi ter, na-instant nurse diay ka ni john hehe, not easy no. hastang kapuya mag-nurse ba, labaw pa when you're taking care of the sick nga dili nimo ka-ano2x. if you're in the hospital, sometimes you will be standing 8 hours, cge lakaw, kapuy kaayo, lalo na pajud if imo shift is 11pm-7am, doka jud to the max.
maayo nalang siguro diha sa US kay very nice man mga hospitals diha, pero diri sa PI, all the dirty things, yaks jud kaayo :(
Post a Comment