Wednesday, August 05, 2009

9th Visit to a Midwife

I had my bi-weekly visit to a midwife again yesterday at 3:15p. It was very quick. Everything was pretty much normal. Gained just enough weight and blood pressure was 116/68. Baby's heartbeat has been the same for the last 3 visits, its 150bpm! Wow, he's been maintaining it really good! The midwife measured my belly and confirmed that the baby's head is still on the right track. We also discussed about the 2 leg cramp incident I had that occurred in early mornings, practically when I am not even up yet. She said that it was normal for me getting it on the third trimester and the only thing I can do is to massage it, maybe do some stretching, drink a lot of fluids and maybe go for a walk. About the faster heartbeat that I have experienced a few times, also in the mornings, usually after breakfast, she told me there is nothing to worry about unless my diastolic goes higher than 80 and lastly, she addressed about my itchy belly.

First of all she is not concern about PUPPP since I don't have rashes and no itchiness anywhere in my body except just the belly itself. She thought that it might just be because my skin is expanding and the skin is stretching too much. I can just continue moisturizing it or I can get myself any Aveeno products that are good for itchy skin, or I can use benadryl.

However just to be safe, she wanted to order a blood test just to make sure I have no problem in my liver called intrahepatic cholestasis. This happens when bile salts accumulate under a skin, causing a generalized itchiness. If cholestasis is diagnosed they will try to do extra monitoring or worst case scenario I will have to deliver the baby before the due date, scared!

Well, I hope not that is not the case. I have a suspecion on what triggered this itchy belly thingy. But I won't tell you in detail, LOL! It's just something to do with me being dumb at taking care of my laundry.


Next visit will be 2 weeks from now and then I am on to my weekly monitoring. I am getting there!

No comments: