Months had passed. I had no boyfriend and I was loosing the passion to work. No inspiration at all! Everything was so dull and gloomy. Early March 2003, I logged on to yahoo messenger. He saw me online and so we started talking again. I guess the relationships that we were both trying to work didn't work and before I realized, I was already talking serious with him. We started chatting and e-mailing regularly. Added to that was long distance phone calls and text messages. In August, he told me about his plans of visiting Philippines around October to see me in person. I was happy, and excited at the same time afraid about meeting a foreigner. I have a lot of what If's in my mind. Months passed so quick.
The second week of October JJ and his friend Doug arrived in the Philippines and in Davao.
I also had classmate/friend back in college who I was trying to match with Doug. I remember our first meeting was unexplainable. A lot of mixed emotions. I boarded a taxi just by myself because my friend was going to be late. We were supposed to meet at the Lobby. They stayed at Royal Mandaya Hotel.
Royal Mandaya Lobby:
Indeed when I get off from the taxi and entered the lobby, JJ and Doug were there waiting for me. I was about to back out. Not because I was scared but because I was too nervous and I was so shy about people who would looked on us. Also, I don't know what to do once we were face to face. Will he kiss me or embrase me? He did the last one. After we embrased he introduced me to Doug. Then we went to Pasag Grill at the third floor. The Pasag Grill close to the Swimming Pool:
We ate and talked while waiting for my friend. The first few conversations was kinda off. I don't know but there were several moments of silence, uneasiness. My friend came finally. They showed us their rooms and gave us their pasalubong. That also gave us a chance to talk privately. The uneasiness were gone and everything went just fine. That night I went home and respectively slept with a smile on our faces. The next morning, I showed up to their room to take them for breakfast and a tour around the city. Among the places we went and showed them for several days were:
...and The Jack's Ridge.
Then we went to the famous Pearl Farm Beach Resort and spent their for about 2 days. We all fall inloved with the place.Some days were spent going to the province to meet the family and folks. We also spent nights watching a movie at the Gaisano Mall and window shopping at SM Davao. Eating out here and there.
October 31st, we went back to the Pearl Farm Resort. I was a little bit sad because they had to go back the following day to Manila for their flight the following morning back to the US of A. After a dip at the pool that afternoon, my friend and I lie down in one of the Nipa huts. He excused himself and without my knowing he went to one of the gift shops. According to him he went there after he had decided the right answer to the queries on his head - to pop the big Q or not! We went inside the room to dry ourselves. I don't remember anymore how he started it. But he was already on his knees asking me to marry him. Mixed emotions we both were, I said yes. Why not? Over a week being with him, I felt that everything we said online were not just a fantasy. I could see his sincerity, caring and they way he treat me. He showed me so much respect of which I am so proud of him. We slept together for two nights and spents many hours in his room at Royal Mandaya and all he did was kiss and hug/embrace me. With these, he gained my trust that he is a good man and I felt so secure with him. The thought about him going back to the States makes me sad. But seeing that ring on my finger gives me hope that he will be back and we will be together, forever for the rest of our lives.
Some Pearl Farm Photos:
Mandaya 16! Will u marry mE?













No comments:
Post a Comment