Wednesday, October 26, 2005

We Have Been Phantomed


About 9:30 tonight, I was busy browsing the internet for a nurses watch that I could possibly send to my nephew for christmas when suddenly, somebody rang the doorbell.

JJ was like, who the hell will be knocking the door past 9PM? I said I don't know. We did not hear any vehicle pulling in the driveway. Scared I was, I went to the next room and peeped at the window overlooking the driveway. If the person leaves, then I could see him/her walking out the driveway. On the second thought, I was a bit worried for my car that I just left outside the garage (of which I seldom do). I did not see anybody so I thought it might be one of those solicitors who just left right away when nobody opened the door.

Without my knowing, JJ went down and checked the door. He came back and was reading something. I did not understand because I hardly hear him. I hurriedly came out of the room and saw him holding 2 pages of paper. We both read it:

GOOD EVENING...

THE PHANTOM HAUNTS YOU HAPPILY FROM NOW THROUGH HALLOWEEN, AND WAS DELIVERED BY A FRIEND WHO (HOPEFULLY) WAS NOT SEEN.

THE SPIRIT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD HAS COME TO WISH YOU WELL, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SELECTED YOU TO RECEIVE THIS HAPPY SPELL.

YOU MUST DISPLAY THE PHANTOM ON YOUR DOOR SO ALL CAN SPY THAT YOU'RE ALREADY HAUNTED BY THIS HAPPY LITTLE GUY.

THEN FIX 3 SACKS WITH GOODIES LIKE THE ONE GIVEN TO YOU. RING SOMEONE'S BELL AND LEAVE THE TREATS AND MAKE THEM HAPPY, TOO!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

TIS BETTER GIVING THAN RECEIVING
WE ALL KNOW THAT'S TRUE
SO SHOW YOUR LOVE TO ALL THE WORLD AND REMEMBER...
NOW THE PHANTOM IS YOU!!!

PUT THE PHANTOM AND THE POEM IN THE GOODY BAG, RING SOMEONE'S DOORBELL AND RUN!

We were both laughing! Running down the stairs checking out the goody bag.



Yes, we were Phantomed!

Phantoming is a Halloween chain-letter of sorts that the whole family can get involved in.

You need three things:
*the phantom letter and picture
*two-three goody bags
*two-three families tp phantom

Deliver them to two-three neighbors under the cover of darkness. In our case, the kids did a very good job because we never caught them!

Have only one day to do the same to two-three other people or a goofy curse will happen.

I just learned that you have to do this a least one week before the halloween because the chain letter expand exponentially.

1x2x2x2x2x2x2x2= 128

Gee! Can't believed we were become a victim of this pyramid scheme tonight! It was fun though. It made our nights!

See? Not only the kids loves a treat...the old one's too! Meanwhile, I have to go and brush my teeth! :-) I just emptied the goody bag! Hihihi!

No comments: