Friday, August 28, 2009

10th visit with an Obgyne

On this visit, i had to do the Group B strep culture test which is normally, harmless to healthy adults but it can be dangerous to baby during birth. It was a quick test which I have to do myself using a swab to the vaginal and rectal area. If not treated this can cause serious complications, such as pneumonia, meningitis, or a blood infection to the baby.

I am weighing at 135 lbs. by now, blood pressure is perfectly fine and baby's heart rate is maintained at 150 bpm. My obgyne guessed that baby will be 7-8 lbs. if he comes around 40 weeks. That surprised me a bit! I've always thought the little one will only be about 6-7 lbs. We'll as long as he is healthy, I surely hope I can deliver him normally without any complications.

See you next friday!

No comments: